Senior Production Support Analyst
Date: Oct 17, 2013
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Rogers is seeking a Senior Production Support Analyst to provide production application support for Rogers Wireless Provisioning. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Wireless Provisioning Application Support at Brampton. This individual will play an active role in supporting all New Wireless Device Launches and Wireless Provisioning-related applications - V21 Switch Control, SwitchXpress, RIM Gateway and Short Message Handler (SMH).
- Provide Application and System support.
- Share in the 'on call' rotation schedule for 7x24 support activities through Remote 'on call support' and 'onsite problem an©alysis'.
- Act as a support lead for all Medium, High and Very High complexity projects.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis.
- Provide Corrective action and Preventive solutions.
- Carry out 'day to day' operations support which includes: Application Support & monitoring, Batch job execution, SIM Authentication Loading and Error Handling
- Prepare and run reconciliation reports for Revenue Assurance
- Leads and coordinates activities of application and design development requirements, unit and system integration tests, documents and implements systems and programs.
- Designs and codes programs of moderate to high complexity, creates test transactions and runs tests, revises as necessary.
- Conducts systems analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems.
- Review release notes, relevant documentation and participates in code reviews and knowledge transfers.
- Provides application and user support, troubleshooting, application testing, system integration testing and post-implementation review of new/ changed applications.
- Work with Development team in planning and executing test cases for integration testing, ensuring adherence to standards and design specifications.
- Develops domain expertise in specific technical skills, tools, and techniques.
- Extends understanding of business and ITS strategies, drivers, and processes at the project to department level.
- Extends awareness of risks associated with application development potential impacts, incorporating risk planning and mitigation.
Helps select team members.
Experience & Education
- Undergraduate degree or Technical Certificate.
Minimum 5 years equivalent experience in production support and/or software development
- Knowledge of Amdocs Switch Control and Wireless Telecoms is an asset
- Knowledge of Oracle OSM and ASAP is an asset.
- Languages: JAVA , C, C++, PL/SQL, PERL, Visual Basic, SQL, UNIX Shell programming
- RDBMS: ORACLE 9i/10g/11g
- Application Server: Web logic , Apache
- Platforms: HPUX/LINUX/SunOS, Windows NT/2000
- Familiar or experience with any or all of the following Wireless telecommunication technologies: HLR, HSS, FNR, EMA, OTAC, TAS, ENUM, BCS-M, LDAP, Pagemail, Voicemail, Paging, Mobile Data, SMSC, MMSC, Prepaid SCP, IN, Blackberry, Real-time charging systems, Prepaid systems
- Familiar with ITIL Process and Waterfall/Agile Development methodologies
- Experience with incident, change and problem management process
- Experience in creating and executing test cases for Integration testing
- Experience in preparing Operational documents.
- Experience in designing and developing codes of moderate to high complexity
- Experience with generating reports using SQL scripts
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: On Call
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, Ontario
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
In joining Rogers, you become part of Canada’s most dynamic communications and media company. We make sure our customers stay inspired, informed and in touch with advanced networks, powerhouse media brands, and technologically advanced communications services. We are passionate about being first to deliver innovation that makes a difference in the lives of Canadians.
Apply now for a career like never before.
Posting Notes: Information Technology & Engineering || Canada (CA) || Ontario || Brampton || SF:WKExp ||
Job Segments: Help Desk, Telecom, Telecommunications, Information Technology, Network, Technology
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.