Human Resources Advisor - 14 Month Contract
Apply for Job
Date: Sep 16, 2014
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Rogers looking for a Human Resources Advisor to join our team in Burnaby. The HR Advisor will be responsible for providing support to their internal client's management team and employees in all areas of Human Resources. The incumbent is responsible for providing leadership and HR consultation to the Business, and will play a key role in driving forward the various HR initiatives.
- Communicate to multiple client groups as a knowledgeable HR practitioner on organisational trends and industry best practices in the areas of employee relations, compensation and organization and development.
- Provide consultation on issues related to legal and procedural compliance, employee relations and performance management.
- Assist and coach multiple client groups to acquire skills and knowledge for effectively handling and resolving employee issues and managing change.
- Deliver coaching, guidance and support relevant to the needs of client groups in areas such as: leadership skills, performance management, diversity and workplace policies and effective teamwork.
- Partner with client groups to improve HR practices, process decisions and programs.
- Assist clients in building effective practices to meet business and employee needs in such areas as compensation and rewards, communication and health and safety.
- Participate on industry/HR committees to seek out and implement 'best practices.'
- Ensure legal and statutory compliance with all regulatory bodies, including the Canada Labour Code and Human Rights Legislation
- Deliver strategic HR guidance to the senior leadership team and develop human resources plans in support of key business needs
- Partner with Talent Acquisition on recruitment strategies
- Provide guidance to managers on employee engagement practices
- Special projects as required
- Minimum 3 years' experience in an HR Generalist role
- A university degree or college diploma in Human Resources or a related discipline
- A CHRP designation will be considered an asset
- Creative and flexible with the ability to adapt to a complex and rapidly changing environment
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to multi task in a high pressure environment
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong experience with HRIS applications (ie: PeopleSoft, SuccessFactors)
- Ability to establish and manage relationships and be influential with all levels in the organization
Ability to work independently are/or part of a multi-discipline team
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Work Location: 1600 - 4710 Kingsway (016), Burnaby, British Columbia
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Human Resources & HR Generalist
What does it mean to join Canada’s most dynamic communications and media company? It means working with the best and brightest to deliver innovation that makes a difference in the lives of Canadians. It’s enjoying great work and even greater rewards. Working together, we make sure our customers stay inspired, informed, and in touch with advanced networks, powerhouse media brands, and technologically-advanced communications services. It’s a thrill. It’s rewarding. It’s Rogers.
Apply now for a career like never before.
Posting Notes: Corporate || Canada (CA) || British Columbia || Burnaby || SF:LI-JA1; SF:WKExp ||
Job Segment: ERP, HR, Law, HR Generalist, Compliance, Technology, Human Resources, Legal
Apply for Job
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.