Finance Director, Cable Revenue
Date: Feb 10, 2014
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reporting to the VP, Cable Finance Operations, the Finance Director is a Finance professional that plays an important role in the overall management and development of the financial activities for Rogers Cable. This individual leads the Finance Operations team to provide ‘end to end’ Finance support to support and assist with the overall delivery of Revenue and ARPU objectives through guidance, support and focus on specific initiatives. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a strong sense of ownership, proven organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast pace environment.
- Lead overall development of Revenue and ARPU improvement plans and set priorities
- Own and manage Revenues for actuals, forecasts and budgets across TV, Internet and RHP. Drive monthly rolling forecast and annual budgeting processes
- Work closely with Business primes to support achievement of financial targets and identify Business risks & opportunities. Refine and improve existing Revenue / ARPUs and KBIs.
- Analyze & identify root cause on key variances; ability to take ownership in reaching out to primes, providing recommendations and presenting story to Business & Senior Management
- Lead and drive Senior Management meetings with various Business partners on key Finance Operations related issues
- Ownership and Lead on Product Management initiatives, New Product launches and extensions, Rate Increases
- Directly manage a team (12 individuals) of high performing Managers and Analysts to deliver superior results
- SOX control owner with requirements to adherence of controls and testing
- Be aware of and adhere to all applicable Health and Safety regulations, in accordance with legislation and related Company policy.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant Finance experience, leading finance and operational processes
- Solid understanding of Finance controls backed by a professional accounting designation / MBA
- Attention to detail and accuracy with a strong focus delivering quality output
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
- Proven project management ability and business judgment capable of organizing problem sets, finding solutions, and executing to a successful conclusion
- Strong leader and solutions provider, with the ability to make critical decisions and influence others
- Open-minded individual with drive to constant improvement and over-achievement
- Excellent written, interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to provide employment references and successfully complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Rogers Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, Ontario
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Accounting
What does it mean to join Canada’s most dynamic communications and media company? It means working with the best and brightest to deliver innovation that makes a difference in the lives of Canadians. It’s enjoying great work and even greater rewards. Working together, we make sure our customers stay inspired, informed, and in touch with advanced networks, powerhouse media brands, and technologically-advanced communications services. It’s a thrill. It’s rewarding. It’s Rogers.
Apply now for a career like never before.
Posting Notes: Corporate || Canada (CA) || Ontario || Toronto || SF:LI ||
Job Segments: Financial, Revenue, Manager, Finance MBA, Product Manager, Finance, Management, Operations
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.