Date: Jul 8, 2014
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This Human Resources Manager role is a key member of a broader Human Resources team leveraging world class results and raising the bar on strategic talent management and building a high performance culture. Primarily located at our York Mills site, this position is responsible for providing Human Resources leadership as a strong generalist with a flair and passion for labour relations and acting as a conduit to a disciplined and specialized broader OneHR team.
The role reports directly to the Senior Manager of Human Resources, Rogers Communications
- Strategic business partner; implement HR strategies to meet the needs of the local management and business; driving the development of leaders; identify and utilize HR metrics; actively contribute to business decisions to drive results; proactively identify workforce needs that are outcomes from business decisions; identify talent issues before they effect the business; lead organizational change;
- Operational business partner; measure employee engagement; communicate and reinforce Rogers values and strategic plan; incorporate values and strategy into HR programs (talent performance, objective setting, etc.); communicate policies and procedures; help align HR programs with the business objectives and Rogers values; keep the business updated on HR initiatives, priorities; track trends in workforce metrics;
- Employee relations; assist individuals and teams with handling change; support the management of performance challenges; consult on issues related to legal and procedural compliance, oversee the recruitment process
- Labour Relations; collective agreement administration and application, grievance handling, arbitration preparation, strategic alignment of business priorities; dealing with external counsel.
- Delivering coaching, relevant to the needs of business partner in areas such as: talent management, leadership skills, and employee engagement.
Assist in the rollout of various HR based programs and initiatives.
- Minimum 5 years progressively responsible Human Resources experience, as a generalist within the labour relations field required.
- Post-secondary education with concentration in Human Resources and/or Labour Relations.
- Ability to build high trust relationships.
- Additional experience with Employee Relations, Organizational Development and Labour Relations required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Sound analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills with an ability to understand broad Human Resources issues and to resolve conflict.
- Results-oriented, demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and work in a matrix environment.
- Strong PC literacy in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel.
- Experience with PeopleSoft or other HRMS required.
- Ability to negotiate a collective agreement is considered an asset.
POSITION AUTHORITY/ ACCOUNTABILITY:
- This position is directly accountable to the Senior Manager of Human Resources and the designated client group.
- A Human Resources Advisor may also report directly to this position
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 855 York Mills Rd. (022), Toronto, Ontario
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Human Resources & HR Generalist
What does it mean to join Canada’s most dynamic communications and media company? It means working with the best and brightest to deliver innovation that makes a difference in the lives of Canadians. It’s enjoying great work and even greater rewards. Working together, we make sure our customers stay inspired, informed, and in touch with advanced networks, powerhouse media brands, and technologically-advanced communications services. It’s a thrill. It’s rewarding. It’s Rogers.
Apply now for a career like never before.
Posting Notes: Corporate || Canada (CA) || Ontario || Toronto || SF:LI; SF:WKExp ||
Job Segments: Manager, Management
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.