Digital Content EditorApply now »
Date: May 16, 2017
Location: Toronto, ON, CA, M4Y 2Y5
As Digital Editor should be someone plugged into digital content and up-to-the-minute conversation on all social platforms—especially Facebook and Twitter.
What you’ll be doing:
The ideal candidate should have a solid grasp of what kinds of content would appeal to a digital audience and of how to best promote those stories for maximum readership. We want someone who can write when necessary—be they Tweets, Facebook posts or direct headlines and short stories on the website that catch a reader's eye—and also curate content from across Rogers publications such as Chatelaine, Today’s Parent, Sportsnet and CityNews as well as content available through third-party feeds. We want someone who has an eye for what an audience is looking for and can create a portal that encourages repeat visits and generates discussion on social media.
Most of all we're looking for a Digital Editor who sees the big picture and can create and manage a content plan, oversee a homepage and grow an audience over time. We want someone who will get content to readers, in a timely fashion, from wherever it happens to be, to the place where everyone will see it—with a sell that makes them want to click on it.
What you will bring:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in journalism or equivalent work experience
- A strong competence in Wordpress, social media and digital publishing software is a must — and expertise in those mediums is an asset.
- At least 2-3 years of relevant editing/writing/digital content experience
- Excellent writing, editing, research skills, communication, interviewing and proofreading skills
- Ability to work well as part of an editorial team and coordinate content streams that stretch across brands; a true team player
- Excellent time management skills in a deadline-driven environment
- Flexible schedule and may be required to work overtime, including nights/weekends
- Simplify and innovate
- Take ownership of the what and the how
- Equip people to succeed
- Execute with discipline and pride
- Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver