Sr. Manager, Critical Environments - Corporate Real Estate
Apply for Job
Date: Sep 19, 2014
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Facilities Management, the Sr. Manager, Critical Environments optimizes the reliability, continuity and control of the critical environments housed in the Corporate Real Estate portfolio (CRE), nationally. Manages out-sourced service provider to ensure best practices are followed in equipment maintenance and emergency preparedness. Leads CRE facilities management group in business continuity planning and incident response preparedness. Provides operational expertise to all work-streams.
As a key member of the Rogers Corporate Real Estate team ensure the reliability, continuity and control of the critical environments housed in the Corporate Real Estate portfolio, nationally. Key deliverables are as follows:
- Leads the care and control of all critical environments contained within the CRE portfolio, nationally. Working with the out-sourced service provider, sets operating standards and audits performance to ensure a first-class level of stability and reliability of these systems that support revenue generation. Leads interface with Rogers’ business units that are reliant on critical infrastructure. Participates in operating plans and budgets for critical environments. Leads CRE’s business continuity planning, emergency preparedness and response. Works with all CRE work-streams to implement industry best practices to improve processes and increase operating efficiency. Meets annual financial, operational, risk and strategic objectives.
- Actively contributes to the development of the short, medium and long term planning for critical environments vital to the success and strategic direction of the company. Manages capital expenditures (CAPEX), business cases and reporting for all critical environment initiatives.
- Ensures critical environment reliability and continuity through enhanced processes, communications and adaptation of industry best practices. Works closely with out-sourced service provider to ensure total integration of maintenance processes, escalation procedures and strict adherence to MSA requirements. Continually verifies that operating standards are being met or exceeded.
- Leads CRE FM interface with applicable Business Units having systems that rely on CRE critical environments. Ensures that two-way communication is maintained to monitor loads, assess needs, communicate methods of procedure (MOP) and observe embargoes.
- Directs the Business Continuity planning and Incident Management planning for CRE Facilities Management. Leads interface between CRE and Rogers’ national Business Continuity group. Ensures that out-sourced service provider has a Business Continuity Plan and Incident Response plans that support Rogers’ goals in this regard. Works with CRE FM team leads in responding to emergencies. Ensures that escalation procedures are strictly followed.
- Work closely with CRE Construction & Technical Services group to prepare annual capital budget recommendations for critical environments and participates in budgeting process and monitoring. Maximizes the return on capital employed. Work closely with CRE FM team to prepare annual operating budget recommendations for critical environments and participates in budgeting process and monitoring. Ensures that all operating budgets are met.
- Embodies integrity and professionalism. Adheres to the Rogers’ Code of Conduct and corporate values. Cooperates fully with all CRE work-streams and works to achieve goals and objectives outlined in Rogers 3.0 as set out by the President & CEO.
- University degree in Business or Engineering preferred
- Designation or Association with CoreNet, BOMA, and/or IFMA is nice to have
- 7 to 10 years related experience in facilities management and/or property management, either in a corporate environment, or at a 3rd-party service provider
- Experience in critical environments such as data centres, network operating centres, primary hubs or the like
- Strong analytic, problem solving and decision-making ability
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Ability to work effectively across groups within and outside Rogers
- Strong organizational and management skills
- A driven self-starter who is both mature and strategic
- Rogers Leadership Competencies: Customer Focus, Teamwork, Communication, Accountability, Innovation, Strategic Focus and Team Leadership
- Focus and Team Leadership
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to provide employment references and successfully complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, Ontario
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Real Estate / Facilities & Property Management
What does it mean to join Canada’s most dynamic communications and media company? It means working with the best and brightest to deliver innovation that makes a difference in the lives of Canadians. It’s enjoying great work and even greater rewards. Working together, we make sure our customers stay inspired, informed, and in touch with advanced networks, powerhouse media brands, and technologically-advanced communications services. It’s a thrill. It’s rewarding. It’s Rogers.
Apply now for a career like never before.
Posting Notes: Corporate || Canada (CA) || Ontario || Toronto || SF:LI-ND1; SF:WKExp ||
Job Segment: Real Estate, Realtor, Engineer, Manager, Sales, Engineering, Management
Apply for Job
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.