Intermediate Copywriter/Editor - WirelessApply now »
Date: May 9, 2017
Location: Toronto, ON, CA, M4Y 2Y5
Do you have a passion for great web content? Would you like to be part of bringing buzzwords to life: “customer experience”, “digital transformation” and “design thinking”? Rogers is on the lookout for an enthusiastic, self-driven Intermediate Copywriter/Editor to join our growing team.
If you’ve always wanted to work at an entrepreneurial company where everyone’s committed to solving big challenges and making a real difference, then come and join us! We are a leading communications and media company where people come to do great work and have fun while doing so. We’re looking for individuals who are curious, who love digital, and who want to be part of a team that will push the digital customer experience to the next level.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Digital Sales Operations - Wireless, the Intermediate Copywriter/Editor, Digital Sales Operations - Wireless will work closely with the Digital Sales Operations team to craft fresh, engaging copy for our web and mobile properties.
You’ll be an integral part of a tight-knit team of UX specialists, designers, developers, product owners, marketing and brand specialists – so we’re looking for someone who thrives in a collaborative setting.
You’re a natural storyteller – someone who loves dissecting ideas and turning them into dynamic, inspirational words that get our customers just as excited about our products and services as we are.
- Write and edit smart, customer-friendly campaign landing pages, promotional banners and other relevant digital content in support of sales-driven initiatives
- Meet established deadlines and iterate quickly
- Liaise with Subject Matter Experts to develop solid conceptual ideas
- Support the Digital Sales Operations team in driving online sales and conversion
- Attend briefs and present copy ideas to cross-functional partners
- Ensure copy is consistent with various brand guidelines (Rogers and Chatr)
- Collaborate with other team members to translate high-level concepts into finished creative
- Other duties as assigned
- A post-secondary degree in Journalism, English or related field
- 5+ years of experience in digital copywriting/editing
- Stellar portfolio of written work
- Highly creative, with ability to receive and assimilate feedback
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and can manage multiple requests concurrently
- Self-motivated team player and relationship builder
- Well versed in keyword tracking and search engine tools
- Simplify and innovate
- Take ownership of the what and the how
- Equip people to succeed
- Execute with discipline and pride
- Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver