Traffic Reporter/News AnchorApply now »
Date: May 16, 2017
Location: Toronto, ON, CA, M4Y 3B7
As Traffic Reporter/Anchor, reporting to the News Director, your role within Rogers will be: writing, editing, producing and broadcasting the most up to date traffic information and newscasts for 680 NEWS. This would include live traffic alerts to report breaking news on traffic conditions. As a member of the 680 NEWS team, you would cover various shifts from time to time, including overnights, evenings and weekends. Our goal is to provide immediate, accurate and credible information for our listeners. The successful candidate will share our passion to be first, fast and factual.
• Edit, write, produce and broadcast the most up to date traffic reports and newscasts.
• Experience reporting live on breaking news events.
• Knowledge of technical requirements for live broadcasting.
• Generate creative content and programming ideas.
• Two years of broadcasting experience
• Extensive knowledge of news, including local Toronto news
• Excellent editing, writing and production skills
• Strong skills as an interviewer
• Demonstrated attributes as a team player
• Post-secondary degree
• Experience or education as a news anchor and/or reporter
- Simplify and innovate
- Take ownership of the what and the how
- Equip people to succeed
- Execute with discipline and pride
- Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver