Program Director, Sportsnet 650Apply now »
Date: May 8, 2017
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA, V5Z 4J6
Imagine working in an exciting and fun environment where the whole team combines their interests and talents to create the most engaging Sports Talk Radio in Canada. Rogers Media Inc. is seeking a Program Director to manage its Vancouver sports radio station, Sportsnet 650. Reporting to the Program Director, Sportsnet 590 The FAN, this individual will play an integral role in building Vancouver’s newest all-sports radio station. If you Live, Eat and Breathe everything sports, we want to meet you.
- Monitor and Evaluate programming selected for the station.
- Management, motivation and recruitment of the Sportsnet 650 programming department.
- Coordinating with TV production, news and promotions departments to accomplish the sound of the station in accordance with the station format.
- Directly responsible for announcers and their on-air presentation, coaching and development; as well as the production department.
- Working collaboratively with all Sportsnet platforms, including TV, and the digital product including all websites and social media platforms.
- Work in conjunction with the Promotions Director and Sales Department with respect to promotions, contests and advertising.
- Evaluate programming available from distributors, syndicators, and independent producers to recommend acquisitions for broadcast.
- Manage budgets for the programming department.
- Ensure station complies with CRTC regulations.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in programming management or comparable experience in a major market.
- Advanced knowledge of Sports.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Sports/Talk format.
- Experience building programming and promotions strategies.
- Possess creative and innovative problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of CRTC content regulations.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented, as well as ability to multitask.
- Highly proficient in using the Selector Music scheduling system and familiarity with Scott Studios preferred.
- Required computer skills include Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience on-air would be an asset.
- Simplify and innovate
- Take ownership of the what and the how
- Equip people to succeed
- Execute with discipline and pride
- Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver